Easy access, ground level drive up units, hallway units, heated or unheated units, competitive rates, computer controlled access, mail boxes, excellent prices on boxes and packing supplies, courteous & well-trained staff. Located in Langford; just a short drive from Victoria, BC.
For reliable and quality storage rental solutions in Victoria, visit Millstream Self Storage today. We assure complete safety and protection for your storage area. Whether you need our service for a couple of days or months together, know that all your valuables will be safe in your rental storage unit. We can assure you that if you opt for our storage rental services in Victoria, it will turn out to be friendly on your pocket too! Call us today and book your storage rental in Victoria.
Dependable Self Storage Units in Victoria
Call Us Now: 250-478-6534
Convenient, Clean, Accessible and Secure
Quality Packing Supplies in Langford, Colwood and Victoria
Whether you are looking for storage space while you move or you need somewhere to keep your seasonal items in the winter, self-storage is a great way to keep your belongings safe. But it’s important to properly pack your items so that you can store them efficiently and get the most out of the space you’ve rented.
For your convenience, Millstream Self Storage sells packing supplies at our Victoria storage facility. We have everything from boxes and bubble wrap to tape dispensers and carton cutters to help get your belongings ready for storage. We also sell locks to keep your contents secure.
Why You Need Packing Supplies for Self-Storage
Here’s why you need the right packing supplies when you are opting for self-storage:
Most furniture pieces are too big to fit inside standard boxes and require other forms of packaging.
Fragile and valuable items must be packed away properly to prevent breakage.
Suitable covering materials are essential to prevent damage from exposure to moisture or bugs.
Irregularly shaped objects can be organized together into boxes which are easier to carry and store.
Smart packaging with the right supplies allows you to make the most of available storage space.
We know the value of quality packing when it comes to self-storage. That’s why at Millstream Self Storage, we provide a wide range of packing supplies for Greater Victoria, Langford and Colwood residents.
Common Packing Supplies for Your Victoria Self-Storage
• Boxes – Packing boxes come in all different sizes allowing you to pack both small and large items. Many packing boxes are also made with reinforced corners for durability and easy stacking without cave-ins.
• Bubble wrap – If you have glass figurines, mirrors, pictures, China, or anything else breakable, bubble wrap, along with various other protection materials, can keep your belongings safe.
• Tape – You can’t pack up boxes without tape! Common packing tape now comes in convenient handheld dispensers, making it easier for you to tape up your boxes quickly.
• Carton cutters – Make it easy to open up boxes with a carton cutter. Carton cutters come with a segmented blade that can cut through materials like tape, cardboard, paper string, zip ties, and more.
• Moving labels – Labels can help you mark which boxes hold what items. This is important if you have fragile items that will need to be handled with care while moving and storing them.
• Furniture covers – Not everything will fit into a box. For types of furniture like couches, tables, and chairs, covers can keep them protected while they’re being stored.
How to Reduce Time Spent Packing and Unpacking
Packing and unpacking can get tiresome. Here are a few tricks and tips to help you save time when you pack and unpack:
• Do not transfer everything into boxes
Unbreakable items that are stored in plastic cabinets or storage units need not be transferred into containers. You can simply tape up the units to secure them. Your clothes also do not have to find their way into boxes. They can be put into garbage bags and tied with drawstrings.
• Label or color code your boxes
When you are packing items, it becomes difficult to remember what goes into which box. Prevent this by labelling your boxes or colour coding them. This will help you unpack efficiently and find everything quickly.
• Keep your packing supplies accessible
You do not want to lose your packing supplies and waste time trying to find them. Put your tapes, markers, and other supplies into a bag or a basket and carry them around wherever you go.
• Remember cord placements for your electronics
While packing in a rush, you might not take note of which cord goes where. This will make unpacking and reconfiguring your electronics extremely time-consuming. Hence, you should take pictures of cord placements and organize your electronics smartly.
• Pay attention while packing valuables
Organize precious items into smaller boxes and keep a mental note of what goes where. Rather than packing everything randomly and being anxious, you should arrange the valuables as carefully as possible and keep them close to you. The same applies to essential documents as well.
• Leave the clutter behind
Do not pack things that you can dispose of.
Get Your Packing Supplies from Millstream Self Storage
Find all you need to properly store your belongings with Millstream Self Storage’s packing supplies. Colwood, Langford, and Victoria residents can look to our experts in storing and moving for advice on how best to pack. We can show you what box sizes work best for your belongings, demonstrate the correct way to pack fragile items, and estimate the amount of packing supplies and space you will need to store your belongings. Not sure how best to fit your things into the storage unit you’re using? We can offer tips.
Contact Millstream Self Storage today to learn more about our packing supplies in Victoria, Colwood and Langford.